Tuesday, August 4, 2009

P as in "prenatal"

Claire came home from school the other day with a big white envelope and some brief instructions to fill it with with things starting with P or J. This is, of course, to help kids learn about the different letters and how they apply to real-world situations. We left most of the work up to Claire, and she quickly divined than we should fill her bag with a pen, a pencil, a penny, and some nail polish. The next morning before school, she said excitedly, "I know! Piano!" Then she hurried over to her little toy piano (a small plastic keyboard, really) and dumped it in the bag. We never came up with any J words, at least not ones we had laying around the house that would fit in an envelope.

Tonight over dinner, Kit and I were asking Claire what "P" objects that the other kids found. She mumbled a couple of things, then suddenly blurted out, "I know! Prenatal! I should bring your pills to school, Mom!" I wish she had. I think it is safe to say she would have been the first kid to bring prenatal pills to school for this exercise.

By the way, I think this was Claire's first real homework assignment. Actually, she did a different pair of letters, I think B and H, a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: