Saturday, March 29, 2008

Still Can't Read


Claire was in her room looking at a pile of her books before bath time this evening. Then she brought a big board book into the bathroom where I was drawing her bath and getting everything ready for bedtime. She asked me to read the book, and I said sorry, not right now, I am busy. She threw the book down and started crying. Usually she gets a little annoyed, but not that upset, when I tell her I'm busy. So I asked her what was the matter. She looked down, with tears in her eyes, and said in a quiet voice, "I'm too little to read it." It was so sweet and sad. Then Kit showed up and read the book to her and cheered her up. I am afraid Claire has a pretty long wait before she can read books "all by her own self", as she says, but it is nice to see she is motivated.

No comments: